Monday, November 28, 2005

There's more to life than soccer...or is there?


Force of habit is forcing me to come up with something today.

I’m having a bit of a reprieve from the media hell that is Christmas. For the last three or four weeks I have done nothing but live, eat, sleep and shit all that is the HO! HO! Holiday spirit and because it’s only November I’m a bit worried about how I’ll feel when the big day actually arrives. Best not to think about it.

Speaking of “Best” I’m sure all eleven soccer fans in America are expressing their profound loss of “the Best soccer/football player of all time,” George Best, by drinking until their livers explode. He surely was the Best! (See how much you can do with that name? It’s the Best! And it never EVER gets old! Even three days after he died!)

I, on the other hand, was more affected by the loss of poor Mr. Miyagy. (Insert your own “Wax on! Wax OFF!” jokes here.) Though I never really saw what the big deal was about the movie, I do have to thank Elisabeth Shue for wearing THAT sweater at the waterslide park when I was at such an impressionable age.

Wax off indeed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jett Loe said...

yeah...i think a lot of us are feeling the death of Pat Morita - I'll say a wee prayer for him and his family...

wax on...





wax off...

2:17 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

George Best is probably whipping Morita's ass in heaven for stealing his press.

3:22 pm  
Anonymous Shane a.k.a. "Jefferson Davis" said...

LOL... Great intro man. We should all drink a shot of whiskey to cheer "Best" for the best soccer.

2:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SHUE do miss that lovely lass. (BTW which number is she, exactly, on the Celebrity Death Pool these days?)

12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home