Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas and Letter to America

11:00 a.m. Saturday, December 17, 2005


This is how my Saturday started out--with a kind, welcoming gesture from Jett Loe as we sat down early Saturday morning to plot out our day--specifically what we were going to record for Letter to America Chapter 14. I say "we" but I really mean "he". Jett IS Letter to America. I was invited along for the day, as far as I could tell, to carry his coffee.
Speaking of coffee-- Jett guzzles the black stuff like a true champion. I'm not an expert on addictive personalities but just look at the guy. This was him before cup number one. Notice the aggitation and the baggage under the eyes. This is not what I would call a "Happy Camper".

(When I saw this plaque on the ground in front of City Hall I couldn't tell if this was a warning of some kind or a familiar, "Hey there, Good Buddy! We can see ya!" type message. Best not to think about it.)
Finally, after a good four or five lattes, Jett and I managed to hammer out an agenda for the day. Jett wanted to try a different format for the show--a day in the life--as it were. Well, when there's a day in the life needing to be lived then Wayne Ordinary American is your man! It just so happened that I had a blouse that needed to be returned to some crap teeny-bopper insane asylum, or Mango. But first we took a walk to Belfast City Hall and the International food fest! YUMMERS!


So this is Belfast City Hall. (But more importantly, this is an example of how craptacular the layout laying out abilities of Blogger truly are.)

(Hmmm. For some reason I'm now able to type on this side of the photo whereas thirty seconds ago I could only type above it. I have NO idea how this is going to look when I publish it. This is fun!)
If you look closely you can see the white tents where we found an array of International Flavours Extradinaire. Including, but not limited to: Boar Balls, baguettes, ostrich, kangaroo, crocodile and venison burgers (they loves thems burgers thems Irish!), toffee, fudge and countless other treats I can no longer recall or care to because Jett bought me 3 beers and a double shot of whiskey and the world transformed into a much happier place. Thanks buddy!
Tomorrow (Or Whenever): The Saga of the Returned Blouse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home