Monday, December 05, 2005

The days just fly by


I don't know about you, but I was absolutely SHOCKED to discover this morning that it was not only no longer November but somehow it managed to be the FIFTH of December. Granted I have had a couple of days off and I don't pay attention to the date on the best of occasions. (I told you people, you get in serious trouble over here if you don't take your law-given 20 days paid vacation. True story: I actually got in an argument with the office manager last week when I told her I didn't really care if I took my last 9 nine days for this year or not. The look of disgust she gave me... *SHUDDER*. A grown man shouldn't have to live like this.)

Anyway, so it's the FIFTH of December and I realized that I hadn't washed the car in something like four months. So today, I sauntered casually out the door to have a little look-see on the state of Gopher our Fiat Punto. Now, I don't know about you, but in Colorado when you neglect your car washing duties, at worst you'll find a car coated in concrete-like dust particles. When your car reaches this state you're best driving it into a lake and letting it soak for a day or two to loosen up the muck and crud and then scrubbing it down with steel wool. Not here, baby. I was horrified to find that Gopher had actually grown MOSS. Yep, it was everywhere. Door handles, gaps around the blinkers and headlight. I was thouroughly ashamed.

So that's what I did for my day off. Washed the car and did some laundry. And now I'm gonna try to figure out my wireless router and maybe take a nap. The excitement is electric, I tells ya!



(In an effort to not publish Google Image only photos, here's one I took on Saturday on the way to the George Best Funeral with Jett. People sometimes ask, "What does Belfast offer that would make me want to visit?" Well, if public, electric piss holes don't do it for ya than I don't know what will. The UK is notorious for it's lack of public toilets. This is what I call progress.)

4 Comments:

Blogger gnightgirl said...

If the public pisser's don't get me to Belfast, then that vacation-day attitude will. I was scowled at for taking the day after Thanksgiving off, and there's a big black cloud hanging over everyone that wishes a few extra days around Christmas off...

BUT I'M NOT BITTERRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10:42 pm  
Anonymous Shane a.k.a. "Jefferson Davis" said...

Are those things heated? :-)

4:37 am  
Blogger Jett Loe said...

I like the fact that we went to GEORGE BEST'S FUNERAL and the only photo you took was of a PUBLIC TOILET - Wayne U ON IT BRO!

12:03 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

It was only out of respect for the dead that I found it prudent to NOT include the mound of photos I took of the bereaved.

4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home