Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dublin Ahoy!!!

Well, I've been ditching work again (mandated by the powers that be-- i.e. the scary office manager that gets migraines if you don't take ALL of your paid holidays by the end of the year) and so decided to take a little meader down south to Dublin to see the Foo Fighters in action (Yes, they were awesome. Thanks for asking.) Tho' I didn't take any pics of the actual concert I did manage to snap a few shots of Dublin while we were there.


This is a scary stuffed badger that lurked over me while I drank a pre-concert Guinness Vat 39 or something. It's the Dublin version of "seasonal" brews that are fairly popular in the States. Apparently this was the first time they've offered it to the pubic, so by default, I'm one of the first humans to drink it. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! (MMMM... delicious!)

This is Christ Church. At first, my wife didn't think that it was but she was POSITIVE it wasn't the alternative that I offered--which was Satan's Church.


Here we are drinking our respective alcoholic drinkee-poohs. Despite the fact that my glass says Amstel it was pure Guinness of the finest Dublin variety. The goatee was in honor of Dave Grohl. I think I look quite fetching in a balding-goatee-sporting type of way. Apparently it was quite terrifying to the 12 year old brats surrounding me at the concert. They were no match for my glower-power. BACK OFF BITCH!


What's a vacation without the purchase of a samuria sword? NOT a vacation, that's what. I believe this offer was for five swords for only 99 Euro (about $120 bucks, roughly). And they think Americans are weird because we can buy guns and ammo at Wal-Mart. Oh, the irony! (Well, maybe "irony" is too stronge of a word...but still.)


This is a building outside of Dublin Castle. I sleep better at night knowing that there's a place for me when I become sick and indecent... which may not be so far away.

And here's Dublin Castle which I'm sure is rich in history. I know absolutely nothing about it except that it is in Dublin and not far from Burger King.


And finally, a picture that my wife labeled "Butt Window." I think that says it all.

Merry Christmas! See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Shane said...

Cool pics man, especially the Butt window. LOL... Have a good christmas...

12:03 am  
Blogger Jett Loe said...

i second shane's comment - merry christmas - and very funny blog!, (why can't you be that funny on my show??? ;-)

10:45 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home