Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'm still here...


Hey folks, just so ya know I'm still amongst the living here in Belfast.

I think I may have mentioned earlier (I mentioned it to someone, anyway. Probably not you.) that I've been suffering from a HUGE media/holiday overload the last couple of weeks and therefore my blogging hasn't been up to it's normal hilarious standards. (If I even SMELL anything remotely Christmasy I'm going to start taking names and kicking ass.)

In the meantime you can stare adoringly at the turkey my brother-in-law cooked up for me in an effort to give me a "Traditional Thanksgiving". I don't know about the rest of you, but my traditional turkey day usually includes dry meat, family gossip, tears and accusing, angry fingers flying recklessly over Who-Drank-the-Last-of-the-Jack Daniels, Goddammit!

This year was nothing like that. Everyone got along, the turkey was as moist as the concrete mixing bucket we soaked it in to finish thawing it out (see for yourself) and there were even two labradors in attendance that I could go play with when the conversation inevitably turned to how cute the cousin/nephew/grandchild was when he rubbed gravy into the electrical socket.

So that was nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, a bit late (I'm guessing) for the Thankgiving crowd. But nice effort. Glad to see the concrete bucket getting some extra use.

5:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home