Friday, December 30, 2005

Oh dear... here we go again.


Hey kids.

I just knew that Brokeback Mountain was going to cause a stir with the weirdo right-wingers back in the States but this quote is totally awesome and here it is..."twisted, laughable, frustrating and boring neo-Marxist homosexual propaganda." This quote is from the Christian Film & Television Commission.

Now, I don't really know who these guys are (but, boy! Do they have an AWESOME website!) but apparently they are trying their darn-diddly-arndest to NOT publicize the film because they have learned from past experience that when they condemn a movie more people are likely to go and see it. And given that approximately 3 people read my blog, I figure that that is 3 more people to enlighten. I'm not against religion but I AM against assholes in general.

Personally, I have nothing against gays. Some of my family are gay. I have a cousin dying of AIDS. I have several good friends who are a bit lavender (in fact, I'm going to a gay bar in the next couple of weeks for my wife's friend's Goodbye Party). My brother married a lesbian. I slept with a lesbian in college. You don't decide who you love but society somehow figures they have the right to tell you whether that love is "right" or not. Fuck society. (By the way, what the hell is "neo-Marxist homosexual propaganda"? Are neo-Marxists into this sort of thing? Since when?)

I'm going to go see this for several reasons which include:

1. E. Annie Proulx is a fantastic writer and The Shipping News is one of my favorite books.

2. Westerns are cool.

3. Most westerns are about 10,000% gay anyway... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

So there.

And as a side note, I've decided NOT to see the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for the very fact that Walden Media produced this. I'm too lazy to look up which Walden this is but I know he's a "Christian" who is a billionaire-- just the kind the Bible loves (it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go to Heaven...etc...).

Anyhoo, rant over.

Have a great New Year everyone! (And if you feel like it, let me know your thoughts on this. For some reason this has really got my bile up. Maybe it's the stress of my birthday coming up...dunno.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home