Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Blinding you with (sorta) science!


Ah…the NEW YEAR.

Despite my somewhat negative/sarcastic tough talk on Letter to America, I am actually looking forward to starting off 2006 on the right foot.

Recently, I’ve been toying (again) with the concept of Affirmations. (OK, this is a rather La-Dee-Dah take on the subject. I'm going by the last chapter of The Dilbert Future by Scott Adams. His explanation on the subject is supported by actual physics and/or theories therein. It's too long for me to explain. Check it out if you're interested.)

Being an icy rationalist, I usually like to tear down concepts such as this and mock those who sing their praises. However, I have tried this in the past with some success so I’m compiling a list of things I want to accomplish and see if I can bend the waves of space and time and actually take part in forming the future. Crazy, I know but it’s a new year, goddamn it and I’m tired of waiting for the bus rather than phoning a cab, if you know what I mean.

In a nutshell, this is how the process is supposed to work:
Everyday I write down something I want to accomplish 15 times. I do this until I either get bored or it actually happens.

I’m not going to share any goal that I deem too personal but this time I will because I’m really friggin’ pissed off over the fact that we still have a perfectly good Chevy Blazer rotting at a car lot in Washington that we’re still making payments on (the car, not the lot... oh, you know what I mean). This thing needs to be sold because it’s $325 a month that I could really use at the moment and I’m sick of dealing with the fucking morons at our credit union back in the States. (Avoid these people like the plague. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.)

So here goes…

I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.
I will sell my Blazer in the next ten days.


In the past, I have resorted to just chanting these affirmations but I thought for the sake of science (pseudo or not) I’d actually, physically type them out.
Here’s hoping…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and there's no better way by starting 2006 on the right foot by winning the LTA online web vote - so get voting for yourself!

8:22 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

I don't want your Blazer, but I'll take it off your hands if you pay me $100.

5:27 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

Phil, when you say "take it off your hands" for a hundred beans do you mean "TAKE" it off my hands by making it disappear into Happy Insurance Claim Land? Or did you mean take it off my hands literally when the credit union parks the Blazer on top of them after the next missed payment?

7:27 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home