Friday, January 27, 2006

The Final Countdown

The Playaz are in over their heads.

Oh sure, they’ve stopped missile attacks, met with heads of state, killed a whale or two, etc. but where’s the actual proof of their capering? Photos? You got to be kidding me! (Between you and me, I’ve heard of a computer program apparently called ‘PhotoShop’ that allows you to manipulate your pictures so that theoretically anything could be forged. Me, I think ‘PhotoShop’ is nothing more than an Orwellian dream concocted by bloggers who have nothing better to do with their spare time than sit and create superfluous skirmishes while…well, you can see where I’m going with this.)

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes—The Playaz are going down in just a couple of hours in the first ever on-line staring contest. If I am correct, I believe it will be Phil (if that IS his real name) gazing hawk-like on the other end of the Skype line. Judging by the look of the Playaz, Phil is the weakest of the five. His love of Jack Daniels will, I believe, be the ultimate cause of his downfall. Surely the stress of facing me one on one will force him into an early afternoon binge. I give him 5 seconds into the match before he nods off.

But just in case he proves to be a more worthy opponent I’ve pre-moistened my eyes with thorough viewings of ‘The Way We Were’, ‘Sophie’s Choice’ and ‘Forrest Gump’ (not that FG is all that sad but the part about Tom Hanks downward career spiral gets me every time. I’m weeping like a small girl scout lost in K-Mart even as I type this.)

You’ve been warned Playaz! Oh, how I’d hate to be you right now.

You are sooooo going down!

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

My rage against you, Frank, will carry me to victory.

8:27 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

Your rage is no match for my stoic determination. I will let you live in your fantasy world for awhile longer. You will be sad, though. I promise. Boo-hoo! like a little girl. (You read it here first.)

8:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - didn't quite go to plan!

7:40 pm  
Blogger fixer said...

I demand a stewards inquiry. I'm certain I heard Phil blink, which he covered by sipping some water very loudly.

12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home