Friday, February 03, 2006

A Day in the Life

Today, the new girl at work asked me, "What does a copywriter do?" (This is a very common question, not from the general public but from people who work upstairs in my office, believe it or not). Surprisingly, I had no answer for her and I was tempted to lob the I-don't-feel-like-talking-to-you-so-I'm-gonna-say-write-copy response. But tonight, for some reason, I actually tried to explain my job to her. The answer, after 10 minutes of Umming and Awwing was shockingly dull and I realized that I get paid to do...well, not much really.

For example, yesterday I billed 2 hours to a Mother's Day campaign for an Irish Cream Liqueur. My contribution? "mmmmmmmother's Day!". That's it. Two hours for two words which was billed out at about $1500, of which I will see about $30. (The client loved it, by the way.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home