Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Forecast for today...? Meh...

To summarize the last 24 hours:

Last night I got a guilt infused phone call from my mom (as a jumping off point, let me explain that though I'm not necessarily estranged from my parents, we don't speak on a regular basis. Once every 5-6 months is about average for us. It is what it is.). Mom started off the conversation with this:

Mom: Before I forget, Grandma hurt herself today. She was walking out to the car and fell and hit her head against the garage door. She had to crawl back into her condo and then she called me and we took her to the hospital. She's OK though, so don't worry. I guess that's what we (meaning her and my dad) have to look forward to now that she's getting old.

Me: Jesus Christ.

Mom: So she told me that you guys weren't coming back for our 40th wedding anniversary in June...

Me: Jesus Christ.

Mom: Is it the money? We could help you. Is it the money?

Me: Jesus Christ. (etc...This conversation went on for an entire 6 minutes and 34 seconds. Yes. I timed it.)

Anyway, this picture pretty much sums up my attitude for the moment:


You'll notice the obvious pain and discomfort on my face normally associated with constipation or, perhaps, Scurvy. I feel the highlighted Colorado liscense plate in the background symbolizes so many, many things. What, I don't know. But I'm sure it's many, many things. (Also, I have incredibly large pores on my nose.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Sue said...

My vote is that you take Mom and Dad's offer of financial assistance and come back for a visit in June. (This vote is cast strictly for selfish reasons and I'm sure other owners of those Colorado license plates feel the same way as well). We miss you!!

10:36 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

I'll take that into consideration, Sue. And believe me, if I'm coming back I'll definitely harass you guys.

7:40 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Ahh..home sweet home.

9:43 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

The one thing I have to look forward to when I eventually fold to my parent's demands, is cheap(er) Jack Daniels and some decent Mexican food.

6:54 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

Ooops. That's TWO things...

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home