Sunday, April 23, 2006

Audit this...Assholes.

Sorry folks, I'm in the process of completing my U.S. tax return (yes, I KNOW they were supposed to be sent off about a week ago...what? Do you work for those sick I.R.S. bastards? Too damn bad! They'll be finished when they're finished!)

Besides, if I mis-read my tax forms correctly I have an extra two months to file before I'm penalized for not filing on time, even though I'm do a refund (we're poor, apparently). Isn't the American tax system special? You get penalized for not filing on time even though the shitheads in the U.S. Government are making interest on the money they owe ME.

Imagine, for a moment, if I hadn't paid any taxes all year long. I just took my paycheck and deposited the whole thing into a checking/savings account. Well, I'd be earning money on the money I didn't pay to the assholes in D.C. And then, let's say, that at the end of the year I just paid the taxes that I owed but kept the interest that I had earned. That would be ok, wouldn't it? Except for the fact that those shitheads ('Shithead' is my favorite word at the moment. It rolls quite pleasantly off the tongue) charge me taxes on my fucking interest!!!!

I'm pretty wound up at the moment so I'm going to stop.

Suffice it to say that I have yet to find a government/tax system that works. I will say that the U.K. tax system works a little bit better than the U.S. and doesn't screw you over with bullshit paperwork at the end of each fiscal year. (They just screw you silently all year long on a soft bed of ignorance while plying you with heavily taxed boozed to get you in the mood.)

All this is enough to drive a poor guy crazy. I'm going for a bike ride to clear my head and inflame my hemmorhoids. I think that's quite fitting for what the U.S. tax system does to so many....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jefferson Davis said...

I feel your pain.

12:38 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Why must you pay taxes to the US? Because you still retain citizenship? How does that work if you earn money in NI? Or did you work part of 05 in the US?

I do not pay "estimated" taxes - it is good and bad. The bad being, I must write a huge check to the IRS. The good being I control my own money.

4:47 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

Unfortunately, I worked for about 5 months in the States. Apparently, the US govt. counts that as employment. I count it as a bad experience...

7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home