Monday, April 17, 2006

An Easter Adventure


As you can see from the beautiful dot-matrix printed ticket above, my wife and I decided to visit the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum this past Saturday. We had been to the museum 8 years ago--just a couple of days before our wedding (Wow. Time flies).

Anyway, we went out for a drive Saturday morning and we were trying to think of a cool place to walk when we suddenly exclaimed, 'What the hell? We're a couple-a-crazy kids! Why not spend part of our long Easter Holiday at a museum?!?! And it has nothing to do with the fact that we're driving past the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum in Cultra! Which is only 5 minutes away from the centre of Belfast! Ulster Folk and Transport Museum..they show you old shit and it's perfect for us!'

So that's what we did.

Enjoy. (Sorry! I accidently uploaded a completely different photo than I thought I was uploading but, you know what? I still think this pic is funny so I'm gonna leave it in. In fact, I'm going to go minimalist on the rest of this posting and not interject any dumb ass comments. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them but otherwise I'm just gonna let this one ride...)















(This is enough for today. I wouldn't want to overstimulate you all at once. Part II is on it's way...)

7 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Has the photo of you admiring the swords always had the blacked-out portion?

Also, will this man print "wacky" newpaper headlines as well, like "Body of Jett Loe found in cupboard of Wayne's flat"?

Speaking of headlines, of course I am intrigued by the photo of him holding up the headline that reads "LETTERKENNY".

6:16 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

Phil:
Yes.
No.
And what do you mean you're intrigued by "LetterKenny"? It is a common letter in the N.I. Alphabet between Nunchuck and Zanadu...

9:26 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Anything with "kenny" in it.

12:30 am  
Blogger WOA said...

Actually, I've been corrected by a co-worker-- 'LetterKenny' comes between 'Haicht' and 'Zed' or possibly 'LetterJames' and 'LetterLarry.' More thorough research has yet to find a 'LetterRodgers.'

9:13 am  
Blogger Phil said...

There's a 'LetterLarry' too? Sounds like an ancestral Playa wrote the Irish alphabet.

8:22 pm  
Anonymous Brianf said...

I live about an hour drive from Letterkenny Army Depot.

11:40 pm  
Anonymous Jefferson Davis said...

I love that "Knowledge is Power" bit in picture 6. LOL..

10:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home