Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ulster Folk Museum Part III

OK, a quick refesher: We (my wife and I) were at the Ulster Folk AND Transport Museum. These pics are obviously from the Transport part. We (my wife and I. Are you keeping up, people?) spent the better part of the day at the 'Folk' part and only had time for a quick walk through the 'Transport' area. All in all, it was a great day and I highly recommend this museum to anyone who visits Northern Ireland.
(Ignore the man behind the reflective glass...no not the guy screaming and pointing his finger...I'm talking about me...Oh, you know what I mean...)
(I HATE nuns. They've scared me ever since I was a child... Stupid Penguins.)


(I show you this only because I fear the nuns had something to do with the iconography of most Northern Ireland facilities(because they're evil). My understanding of this sign above the 'loo' is: 1. Man and Woman Enter Toilet. 2. They Snap a Child's Neck. 3. Child is Destined to a Life in a Wheelchair.)
(Some people think Delorean's are cool --they were built in Belfast after all...)

(But those people would be the French...and they are sooooo NOT cool.)

14 Comments:

Blogger Jefferson Davis said...

I was totally oblivious to the fact that the DeLorean factory was in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland.

Here is a site detailing the history of the DeLorean.

http://www.delorean-owners.org/legend/index.html

7:25 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

OOOPS! Was it Dunmurry? I suppose I could change it...but what would be the point? Thanks, Jefferson.

7:34 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

I had no idea either.

My neighbor once had a DeLorean. It was the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen.

9:07 pm  
Anonymous Annie said...

Sad thing is, my middle aged, balding neighbor has a Delorean and I've seen him cruise it through the campus at CU trying to bag some chicks

11:15 pm  
Anonymous jama said...

It really should be a time machine, if only for the purpose of your neighbor getting laid.

11:36 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Only if he wanted to get laid by teenagers in 1985....hmm....must work on time machine.

2:12 am  
Blogger WOA said...

The only thing I can say about seeing a Delorean in person is that it looks an awful lot like a mobile frying pan. I suspect the wing doors serve well as grills at tailgate parties.

6:32 am  
Anonymous Sue said...

I have a recurring nightmare about hitchhiking, having a nice middle aged gentleman pick me up in his charming old DeLorean and then all of the sudden... It's 1985 again!! I'm a prisoner, trapped unable to open the doors, because if I did, I would disappear forever into a time warp, "Twilight Zone like", black hole. So I have this man (did I mention, he vaguely resembles the Absolutely Nuts Man?), trying to have his way with me. Just when I think all hope is lost and I am about to relinquish myself, 3 Nuns, (slighly resembling Jama, Diane and Annie), pop up from the backseat, distract the man by asking if his nuts are fresh, and save the day!!

What does this mean?

4:01 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

It means you secretly love the Absolutely Nuts Man and want to crack his coconuts...

5:05 pm  
Anonymous annie said...

wow. no one has ever confused me with a nun before. Not sure how to take that

9:58 pm  
Anonymous Jama said...

Wayne hates nuns... that's it for us, ladies. All except Sue. Again I say, ass kisser.

2:11 am  
Anonymous Brianf said...

DeLoreans are cool. Too, too cool! What other car came with your rebate in the trunk.

Oh, and No I'm not french.

3:00 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

I too used to think DeLoreans were cool Brianf, but have you ever seen one in real life? They really are quite ugly and they gotta weigh at least 18 tons.

Of course, I'm also basing my opinion on the fact that they are NOT big cars. I doubt I would be able to fit inside one without suffering a panic attack.

3:59 pm  
Anonymous Brianf said...

Wayne,
I too am 6' 2' and I do fit in one. I've driven one before and you're right they are tanks, but they look too cool, all stainless steel and shit.
My comment about the rebate has to do with John DeLorean getting caught trying to set up a drug deal to refinance the failing company.
Those cars are selling for hundreds of thousands of bucks restored. Barrett-Jackson just sold one for $250,000!!!
Personally give me an old VW Microbus or a Jeep CJ and I'll stay in my garage practicing my swearing.

5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home