Monday, May 15, 2006

Another Day in the Life

Tonight, my wife and I went house hunting.

I used to be afraid of buying a house but then I finally wised up to the fact that we've been pissing away a shitload of money over the years on rent (yes, I understand the fact that 'pissing away' a 'shitload' is a bit contradictory). Now, I just want to buy a house before the cost goes crazy buck-shit stupid.

Buying a house is going to cause a huge disruption in the short term: there will be no trips ANYWHERE (OK, a weekend trip to Paris might fit the budget) and we'll probably spend a good portion of Saturday afternoons eating grapes in the produce section to fill our bellies. But that's a small price to pay to buy into a booming housing market that will inevitably crash in the next year or two.

So that's what I've been up to so far this week. I'll let you know what happens.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Makes things a little more permanent, doesn't it?

8:06 pm  
Anonymous Brianf said...

to buy into a booming housing market that will inevitably crash in the next year or two.

Hahahaha!! How true. I've been looking for awhile now and have thouroghly convinced myself that as soon as I pay $189,900 for a house it'll be worth about $40,000.

10:35 pm  
Blogger Jefferson Davis said...

Yep, I was telling a friend today, that I might possibly sell my house in the next few months. Also, I said that I was going to finish fixing it up, before I sold it. Why do we always fix up a house before we sell it? Maybe it’s to get more money. Hmm, I ponder that it may be a Stone Age subliminal reaction.

Perhaps the old Fred Flintstone of the Stone Age still exists in our subconscious.

Well, I really rattled on there.
:-)

12:57 am  
Blogger WOA said...

I think the worst part about house hunting is my immediate drop in IQ points.

I have no idea what's going on and I don't trust estate agents (my apologies to any realtors out there) so in essence I become a paranoid idiot, or as P.T. Barnum might say the 'one born every minute'

SUCKER

6:33 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home