Sunday, May 28, 2006

The BEST Airport

I'm having trouble tonight with blooger.com or bloger.com or whatever. The formatting has gone to shit and I don't have the patience to deal with it cuz I'm in the middle of packing for our trip to Rome tomorrow morning. (If this turns out legible it's a complete accident...you have been warned.)

Part of me is thinking that if family members see this blog and find out we're going to Italy for a week they're going to think to themselves, "Self, how come Wayne and Ruth can afford a trip to Italy and not a trip to Wayne's dusty, windy, shitty hometown to visit his family?"

The answer is quite simple: for the two of us it's only costing around $700--that's flights, room and breakfast. To fly back to the States would cost us around $1000 each--just for the goddamn plane tickets. We simply do NOT have that kind of money and if we did, we'd be using the extra money to choke competing house buyers by jamming small bills down their throats so that we can get ourselves a nice run-down house for less than 3 Billion dollars.

Anyway, I'm getting the death stare from my wife that says, "If you don't pack your own bag you're going to be running around naked for the next 5 days." However, I have just countered with my, "Oh, yeah? Maybe I will run around naked for the next 5 days," look.

She knows I'm not bluffing--I have won.

To make her feel better I'm going to make dinner. That's just the kind of guy I am.

(Oh, yeah... I mentioned in this week's podcast at Letter To America that I would post a pic of the new splediferous George Best Belfast City Airport... well, here it is.


(Ain't this one fucking glorious sight? I still think it looks like a fast food restaurant chain.)

Unfortunately, we're not flying out of the 'Best Airport' tomorrow. We're flying out of Belfast International in Aldergrove... I guess that makes it the second best airport-- I just don't know. (Or Care! Whooo--hooo! I'm outta here!)

(SEE YA ON FRIDAY!)
(Update: It appears that Blogger has posted this in a legible format. Thank goodness for small favors. Talk to you all on Friday. Hopefully, I'll have some decent photos to share when I get back and I promise I won't make them too boring and make you feel like second hand friends/family sitting through a lame slide show. Post many, many comments so that I feel missed. I'm quite needy that way.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan in Belfast said...

You're ok - the week before Belfast City adopted "George Best" in its name, Belfast International Airport put out a press release titled "Belfast International is the BEST!" - referring to them coming top of a survey.

So you're flying out of the best airport no matter which one you go to.

9:18 am  
Blogger Phil said...

You're right Wayne - it does look like some sort of fast food chain. It's like the only thing missing is George Best's face, winking and giving you the "thumbs-up".

12:56 pm  
Blogger The Rev said...

That airport looks like you could get some seriously good flapjacks there.

Enjoy Rome! Give the Pope my best.

1:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home