Friday, May 26, 2006

My Secret is Out

Many of you have suggested that since I work in advertising that my salary must be right up there with the real "movers and shakers" of the world. You would not be wrong. I'm sure my monthly income compares quite respectably with furniture movers and people who shake dirt out of carpets. (Buh-dum-duh! Thank you very much.)

However, it is true that my weekends are spent "hob-nobbing" and "pressing the flesh" with people who are only mentioned in "elite" circles with "quotes" around their activities.

But sometimes the lifestyle proves to be a bit much for a simple, dare I say Ordinary guy, and I find myself striving to keep up with the Jones's. And that's why I decided to splash out a little cash on doing some work to my trusty Fiat Punto.

The results are simply fabulous as you can see:


(not only do my new wheels suit my exotic new lifestyle but the registration plates (licence plates to my fellow Americans) conveys a secret message known only to a handful of people. Those in the know will have no doubt that this is indeed my vehicle. The rest of you will just have to guess what the connection is.)

11 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Sweet! Only a vain person like yourself would have a tag like that. Very Playa-esque, however.

4:11 pm  
Blogger Alan in Belfast said...

Two reasons why you'll never afford to buy that house! (1) You've blown it on a dream car* (2) House prices in NI are rising all over.

* dream car, or dream about a car?

4:55 pm  
Blogger The Rev said...

I see the plate reference is March 1st, am I correct?

5:11 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

Yes, Phil, it is sweet (and you yourself might actually know the connection...)

Alan, alas...I can't afford the car or a new house. What's a poor bloke to do?

Steve, sorry...wrong answer. But thanks for playing!

9:07 pm  
Anonymous Brianf said...

MAR1 is Wayne Ordinary American translated into an obscure southeastern Moldovian dialect of an even more obscure Balkan nomadic language last spoken in the early 16th century. I think!

10:56 pm  
Anonymous annie said...

You're secret is safe with me, Wayne.

10:58 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

Hmmmmm. Sorry Brian.

And Annie, thank you for your discretion. My whole life could be ruined if my secret gets out...

11:47 pm  
Anonymous sue said...

What's it worth Mar...er uh Wayne?

5:08 am  
Blogger Jimmy Porter said...

John Wayne was called Marion.. are you really Marion Ordinary American?

8:46 am  
Blogger WOA said...

Wow, Jimmy...you're very, very close...

10:15 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Indeed I do know.

3:24 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home