Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Yuk!


Recently, I've become obsessed with nose hair.

Now, I'm not talking about the normal nose hair that grows out of your nostrils. That shit is normal, as far as I'm concerned. I figure that hair serves a purpose, especially if you're walking through a sandstorm or if large bugs are trying to crawl up your sinus cavities and into your brain. I applaud that nose hair. I embrace it. I hope to grow more of it. And thankfully, I have plenty of defence in that regard.

However, over the last year or so my genetic coding has decided that the time is ripe for me to grow nose hair on the outside of my nose.

Am I alone in this? Is there something wrong with me?

Thankfully, there is not.

Tonight as I was walking down the train platform I noticed that one of the Northern Ireland Railway workers had not one, not two, but a whole corn-row of exterior nose hairs comfortably lying across the bridge of his schnozz.

But this worried me. Will I eventually get to the point where I stop obsessing about these stray, mutant hairs and just let them propagate without a second thought? Will I groom them into a strange comb-over of sorts?

It's just too much for me to think about right now. I have a trip to Rome to prepare for.

But I'm packing the tweezers just in case.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

That photo is really bothering me.

12:56 pm  
Blogger The Rev said...

You and my fiancee are both hung up on this.

She actually made me trim my nose hairs recently. I thought they were fine. She didn't.

I had never trimmed them before. I never saw the need. And I have figured out that I don't enjoy it.

4:57 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

I don't enjoy it either. Like I said I don't mind the ones growing inside...it's the rogue, creepy ones that make their way out onto the bridge of the nose.

6:36 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home