Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rome If You Want To (Part III)


ITALIAN TELEVISION

After each and every incredibly long day spent traipsing through the vast city of Rome, it was my want to come back to the hotel room and see what kind of 'televisual' entertainment was at my beck and call on Italian cable TV.


30 some odd channels to choose from and here are the most enlightening examples I could find
(sorry, I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to photograph the topless woman promoting (presumably) plastic surgery and breast enhancement. Maybe she was advertising milk...I honestly don't know.).
This was from a show that took place entirely in front of a fish-eye lens...the camera never moved. I think it was supposed to be something about 'water-cooler talk' . There was no laugh track so I'm only assuming that it was a comedy. It sure didn't seem funny to me.
Who want's to be a millionaire? SHE DOES!

Evidently, the Italians are big into Sprite Zero... or cross-dressing...

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

The water-cooler show has a equally indecipherable equivilent on a French language television station here in Québec. It's called Camera Café (the camera is in the automated coffee maker) and is pretty un-funny regardless of whether you speak French or not.

*j*

4:42 pm  
Blogger WOA said...

I'm glad I didn't misinterpret the show. I would've been bummed if it was the funniest show on earth and I didn't understand it.

6:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home